benefits of therapeutic massage are not a recent discovery. Its value
is recognized throughout the world and many cultures have practised
it for centuries.
A calm and relaxed body can bring about changes beyond the purely
physical. Although the effects of a therapeutic massage are often
dramatic in terms of relief of pain or tension, many clients also
notice general changes in the way they cope with the stresses and
strains of modern life. A relaxed body allows the the mind to come
to rest and take stock of the activity we surround ourselves with.
In turn, a calm mind can be instrumental in fighting off physical
Therapeutic massage can help bring about:
- relaxation and heightened body awareness
- relief of chronic stress and pain
- relief of muscle spasms, soreness and fatigue
- improved posture, flexibility and movement
- improved circulation
- relief of discomfort during pregnancy
- strengthening of the immune function
- general, all-round feelings of well-being
Massage services are covered by most private insurance companies.
Therapists at Kachina include:
Beale, MT, also at Burnside Physiotherapy, Phone: 488-1074
Julie Berkowitz, MT, Phone 423-4407
Jane Holden, RN, B.AC., MT, Phone: 455-2220